Thursday, January 29, 2009

I am in the world, not of it.



Romans 12:2
Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will know what God wants you to do, and you will know how good and pleasing and perfect his will really is.

In worship last night we sang: "Give us clean hands, and give us pure hearts. Let us not lift our souls to another. God let us be a generation that seeks your face, oh God of Jacob." We live in a world that puts more faith in our failing economy than in our savior. A world that would rather sing songs discriminating others than songs of praise. It's all so tempting to lose yourself to the worldliness but I'd rather live for something pure and true. God is doing something amazing with my life, I can feel him working and I am surrendering everything to him. I am a child of God, not a child of this world. Now that's something to get excited about! :)

So, I sit here this morning preparing myself for another day. Lately I feel like my life is moving in slow motion. I have so much that I want to accomplish, most of which I can't until I'm done with school. Regardless of the wait, I'm so excited for the adventures I have planned for myself. My next adventure: 26.2 miles around Duluth, June 20th! Lord give me strength.

No comments: