Friday, April 3, 2009

the greatest text of all tells it all


I've spent the last couple hours studying for my Sociology exam and I've realized something.. I learn the same exact thing over and over and over just with a different minority group as the subject. Even now prejudice is still present in our society, you'd think we'd learn huh.
Soo... I was reading James the other night and here is what it says on Prejudice:
James 2:1 -How can you claim to have faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ if you favor some people over others? 2:9 If you favor some people over others, you are committing a sin. You are guilty of breaking the law.
Well, this pretty much tells me all I need to know. I'm tempted to just put that on the essay part of the Exam but I'm sure that would be a fail. I don't know how God puts up with us, the human race annoys me (yes, including myself). We were all created by the same wonderful, God almighty and he loves us all the same. End of story.

1 comment:

Banta143 said...

haha I hate awkward moments like that.. :P
I like what u read in James about favoring one over another, I haven't ever seen that b4! The other night I was reading my Bible and thought about you. It was talking about how Christ came here for one purpose, do to the Father's will for His life. And Really, like us, He could have done whatever He wanted to do! But instead He stayed the course... It just reminded me of you, not just with your running,(how u never give up) but with your life too. You want God's will for your life, above all.. and I thinks that's just awesome :) :)