Monday, May 4, 2009

paints me blue.






Good morning!
One week left in La Crosse then it's home for the summer. For the past month I've been counting down the days but now that it's so close I'm starting to get sad. I'm gonna miss the beautiful river, Hixon forest, Riverside, the bluffs, & my roommates. But home is good too, it'll probably just take a little while to get used to.
I've been keeping pretty busy with running, school, watching races :), hangin' with my Mom, and biking. It's been a pretty awesome last couple of weeks. Good news on my leg: It's no longer numb!! It's so exciting but my running is no where close to where it needs to be for the Marathon June 20th. I registered for the Minneapolis Half Marathon on May 31st, we'll see how the half goes then I'll decide if the full is a good idea or not. I increased my mileage 2 weeks ago and I paid for it last week. I was in so much pain, knots in my calves, tight knees, and shin splints. I backed off last week and did a lot of biking and I'll ease into it again this week. I'm excited to spend the summer running and biking in beautiful northern Wisconsin. :) My goal is to be injury free for a long time, my sanity counts on this. ha!
Spring is such a beautiful time, it seems like everyone is in such a better mood. I know I am! Spring & Summer are my busy time of the year due to finals and working and it's so easy to push God to the side. I can't let myself get so involved with my own things, I need to remember the importance of reading my bible everyday and prayer. I know it's normal to go through spiritual highs and lows but I was hoping I could avoid that. But, It just takes a work.. like any relationship. God has blessed me with a wonderful family, great friends, and the joy of running. He deserves my praises every single day, it's because of Him that my life is filled with so much love and joy.

Well I need to get to class but I'll end with one of my favorite verses. :)
Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win! All athletes are disciplined in their training. They do it to win a prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize. So I run with purpose in every step.
- 1 Corinthians 9:24-26

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

Alyssa, I LOVE the Bible verse!!! I am so proud of you....MOM