Friday, September 5, 2008



As God's partners, I beg you not to reject this marvelous message of God's great kindness. For God says, "At just the right time, I heard you. On the day of salvation, I helped you." Indeed, God is ready to help you right now. Today is the day of salvation.
- 2 Corinthians 6: 1-3


Today is the day :). Hoy es la dia. Isn't it an amazing thing that we all can fall so far away from Christ yet he still loves us and welcomes us back with opening arms?!

A year ago today was my first day in Sevilla. It's crazy to think how fast time passes. In my Spanish Civ class we were discussing Sevilla and my heart felt like it got ripped out and STOMPED on. I love it there. I love how exciting everything was, how I learned something new every single day, the terrible task of trying to get people to understand me, and I loved seeing all the beautiful sights. It was an amazing experience that I think every college student needs to experience. It made me grow so much as a person, not mention made me travel savvy ;). Te echo de menos, Sevilla. I am finally putting together my photo album from my travels this year and it looks SWEET! I'm very proud! It's not even close to being finished but I have a great start.

Not much going on tonight. I had four classes today, went for my run, showered, actually did my hair and now i'm sitting here doing nothing. hahaha. I'm content with that though. It's kind of an icky day/night, great running weather though. Kept it nice and cool and sprinkled the entire way. Can't make it much easier.
No big plans for the weekend, but I am super excited to go back to Spooner next weekend for my Dad's party. I've missed it the past 2 years in a row because of cross country season and Spain so i'm anxious to go again.

Run log.
5 1/2 miles -- My legs feel back to normal so i'll probably do a good 10 miler or so tomorrow. I'm forcing myself to go to the grocery store tomorrow. I'm eating so much peanut butter and oatmeal it just may start coming out of my nose...


xox
Alyssa

No comments: