Monday, March 2, 2009

faith & beaches








Heal me, O Lord, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved, for You are my praise. -Jeremiah 17:14

Yesterday was a struggle. All the stress I had built up inside of me finally surfaced and I had an emotional breakdown. I "hit the floor" as my step dad would call it.. hahaha! But.. today is a new day and things are looking up.

I had planned to do a 10 mile run yesterday and I was really looking forward to it because I extremely needed to de-stress. I really just needed time to talk with God without any distractions. It was my time away to just pray and worship. Well, around mile 5 my leg went numb and that caused the tears to come on even stronger. I'm just having troubles accepting this injury, I just want to run & train hard for the marathon now but I can't because of a stupid back injury that happened more than a year ago and just starting to cause problems. I believe that i'm on the road to recovery though, things must get worse before it gets better. I have faith that God will heal me, he's just that awesome. :)

So, besides having a massive breakdown this weekend, things are great. I'm so thankful that even when I feel broken the Lord is with me to put me back together. He gives me all the strength I need and His love is so powerful. :):)

I will find the Lord when I seek Him with all my heart and with all my soul!!! -Deuteronomy 4:29

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

Alyssa,

I am so proud of you!!!!! I believe that you are going to have a awesome time on your missions trip and that GOD is going to reveal himself to you in many ways in Florida...I will be praying for you!!! Love you forever!!! MOM