Thursday, October 23, 2008

10.23.08



You know you have Mono when..


  • ..coffee does absolutely nothing to help you stay awake, there is no burst of energy after drinking one whole pot, & basically the only thing you get out of it is a tummy ache.

  • ..your schedule is suddenly open. One less class to worry about plus no running equals about 4 extra hours each day.

  • ..you begin to dread naps. Not just because you are sick of them but because every time you wake up it feels like someone has dragged you across the state behind a semi truck.

^My current Mononucleosis drama in a nut shell. I'm awake, showered, went to my first & only class of the day, and now i'm just going to enjoy the remainder of the day by doing homework. It's smooth sailing the rest of the week but next week I have 3 exams and one of them is extremely important. Good news though, Last week around this time I felt like death, i'd say on a scale of 1-10 I was probably a 3. A week, hours of sleep later, many pills, and inactivity has increases this number to about a 7. Woohoo! Thank you Predisone! Since the Mono problem is almost better, I now just have to focus on my aching back. It's not getting better at all, last night I laid in bed almost in tears because it hurt so unbelievably bad & my leg still "tingles" all the time. I'm going to try going to my old chiropractor in Spooner this weekend, maybe he can let me know what's up..otherwise i'm thinking I need to go to an Orthopedic Doctor because this is just not healing on it's own. So, What have I learned from all of this? I need job with great medical benefits because inevitably there will always be something wrong with me.

No comments: